Sun Prairie's Pop-up WRAP entry forms due October 14th for October 31st Event at the Sun Prairie Public Library
This exhibit is open to all non-professional artists. (We define non-professional as artists who do not make their living at their art. Emerging and experienced artists with original artworks to share are welcome! Since this is a new WRAP, we do not have an estimate for the number of participants there will be. Participating artists may help the planning process by mailing their entry blank to arrive by the Oct. 14 deadline.
While WRAP fees are going up in 2016, the entry fee this fall is still $20. The entry blank can be downloaded below.
Entry Blank Due: Wednesday, October 14, 2015
Make check payable to sponsor: Marilyn Knipfer
Artwork due: Saturday, October 31, 9-9:30am, for 1-day pop-up exhibition
(artists must provide their own floor or tabletop display easels).
Limit 2 pieces per artist.
Workshop: Saturday, October 31, 10am - 3pm
Place: Community Room, Sun Prairie Public Library, 1350 Linnerud Drive, Sun Prairie
Coordinator: Marilyn Knipfer, 1909 Hubred Lane, Deerfield, WI 53531, email@example.com
Here is how a Pop-UP Wrap works: Pop-up Exhibit & Workshop Schedule - October 31, 2015
- 9:00 am - library opens
- 9:00-9:30 am - participants bring in artwork (up to 2 pieces). Because of space limitations and because all judging will be completed during the morning presentation and the lunch break, it may be necessary to limit artists to 1 piece each if registration numbers are higher than expected. The fee will be the same either way.
- 9:30-10:00 am - exhibit set up and coffee. We will not be able to hang artwork on the walls, but will have tables available. Smaller pieces will work best and can be displayed on table top display easels. Some tables will be up against the wall, and pieces on these tables can be leaned against the wall. A floor easel will work best for larger pieces. Artists must provide their own easels.
- 10:00 am - noon - lecture/demonstration. Sun Prairie artist Gail McCoy will give the morning presentation/demonstration about her beautiful collage art made using treated magazine papers. You can see examples of her work at: http://www.gailmccoyart.com/about.php
- Participants may be able to make their own small collages or work on a group project during the morning, but we won’t be able to plan this part of the program until we know the number of workshop participants. If we have enough space for this, treated papers will be provided, and a list of additional supplies to bring will be sent to registered artists.
- Noon - 1:15 - lunch break
- 1:15 - 3:00 pm - posting of awards and critique by our juror, Black Earth watercolor artist Nancy Cox.
For general information about the WRAP program and exhibit guidelines, please see:
Wausau WRAP entry form due October 24th for exhibition at the Center for Visual Art from Nov. 1, 2015 to January 1, 2016
Make check payable to sponsor: WISCONSIN VALLEY ART ASSOCIATION (WVAA)
Artwork due: Sunday, November 1, 2015, 10am-noon
Artist’s Reception: Friday, November 13, 2015, 5-7pm, Loft Gallery
Workshop: Sunday, November 1, 2015, 12:30-3pm
Art Pickup: Sunday, January 3, 2016, noon-3 pm
Place: Center for the Visual Arts (CVA), The Loft Gallery, 427 N 4th St., Wausau, WI 54403
Lynn Block, 3190 Evergreen Rd, Marathon, WI 54448, (715) 443-2151
Lynn Ott, 409 N 11th St, Wausau, WI 54403, (715) 848-1204
The juror and presenter for the Wausau 2015 WRAP exhibition and workshop will be arts educator and artist Mike Sherfinski!