- 2019 Art & Chalk Fest: July 27-28, Museum of Wisconsin Art, West Bend
- Art at the Park: July 28, Trout Museum of Art, Appleton
- Waukesha Art Crawl: August 3, Waukesha
- Starving Artist Fair: August 4, Gateway Technical College, Racine
Exciting Exhibits around Wisconsin
- Chazen Museum of Art: "In the Studio focuses attention on the artist’s studio, and the unique environments in which artists do their work. The objects on view are selected from across the museum’s collection, and draw connections and inevitable comparisons between artists of different times, cultures, and media". It will run until August 11
- Museum of Wisconsin Art: "2019 Member's Show showcases works by 250 MOWA members hanging salon style in the State Gallery. With work by professional artists and weekend warriors installed on equal footing, this exhibition offers an invaluable look into the creative vision of contemporary Wisconsin art."
- Racine Art Museum: "Represent: Exploring Portraits from RAM's Collection features pieces that embrace the idea of a portrait as an investigation of character and situation, tangible details, and abstract elements. From self-portraits to works that encapsulate the essence of a subject through metaphor or emotion, these works encourage contemplation about how human beings understand one another as well as the world around them."
- Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum: "Flora, Fauna, Font: Illustrating the Alphabet features Kandis Vermeer Phillips’ illuminated alphabet intertwined with plants, mammals, and insects. Phillips integrated extensive research into the history of and the natural materials used in medieval illuminated manuscripts into an alphabet primer for her granddaughter, combining decorative letters with representations of flowers and creatures found in her garden or during family travels."
Additional Drop-off Dates for State Day
Times: Saturday, July 27 from noon to 4 pm or Sunday, July 28 from noon to 4 pm
The artwork will be transported to the Pyle Center for you.
State Day is coming up!
Lac du Flambeau
Online entry and payment due: September 26, 2019
Make check payable to: Dillman’s Creative Arts Foundation
Artwork due date: Drop off available between Monday 9/16 – 9/26, 8am – 5:30pm. No later than 5pm on Thursday, 9/26. Limit 3 per entry. Artwork must be picked up by October 4, 2019.
Workshop date: Friday, September 27, 2019, 1pm – 2pm
Workshop location: Dillman’s Bay Resort, 13277 Dillman’s Way, Lac du Flambeau, WI 54538
(Art Studio #2)
Coordinator: Sue & Denny Robertson, (715) 588-3143, email@example.com or Sarah Thompson, (715) 614-0686, firstname.lastname@example.org
Show Dates: Friday, September 27, noon – Sunday, 29, 2019, 5 pm
Online entry and payment due: September 18, 2019
Make check payable to: WI Valley Art Association
Artwork due date: Sunday, September 22, 2019, 10am – 2pm
Workshop date: Sunday, November 3, 2019, 11am – 3pm
Workshop location: Center for the Visual Arts, 427 N. 4th St, Wausau, WI 54403
Coordinator: LeeAnn Schulz
Fond du Lac
Online entry and payment due: September 14, 2019
Make check payable to: Fond du Lac Artists Association
Artwork due date: Saturday, September 28, 2019, after 12 noon (2 piece limit)
Workshop date: Saturday, November 2, 2019, 9am – 4pm
Workshop location: Fond du Lac Senior Center, 151 E. First St, Fond du Lac, WI 54935
Coordinator: Robert C. Gustafson, (920) 376-4366